Nyaya Health Nepal is seeking an entrepreneurial "Software Engineer" to develop and integrate diverse products into Electronic Health Record (EHR). S/he is responsible to enhance the EHR features, maintain, and support EHR. Applications are being accepted on an immediate, rolling basis.
The Organization: Nyaya Health Nepal
Nyaya Health Nepal, a Nepal-based NGO, delivers healthcare to underserved communities in Nepal in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Nepal. Mobilizing global health best practices and on-the-ground implementation research, our team envisions a future where everyone is guaranteed universal health coverage as a human right, not a privilege. Our over 200+ staff members in Nepal deliver care to almost 200,000 people through our integrated healthcare approach, which involves the strategic use of technology and data to coordinate care across facilities and the community.
Reports to: Software Engineering Manager
Big 3 Responsibilities:
1. Development and Integration of products across diverse systems for the integrated Electronic Health Records (EHR) platform.
2. Follow the Agile Development approach.
3. Clean Delivery of Works and Take ownership of the integrated EHR product.
Areas of Responsibility (AoR)
Development and Integration of products across diverse systems for the integrated Electronic Health Records (EHR) platform.
- Teamwork to ensure timely delivery of product per requirement specifications through to implementation
- Further develop integration between diverse systems like OpenMRS, OpenELIS, OpenERP/Odoo, DCM4Che, DHIS2, OpenIMIS
- Ensure usability is at the forefront of all designs.
- Use of Open source software and communications in the community
- Regularly communicate progress and setbacks to Team Lead.
Follow the agile development approach
- Estimate the effort to implement User Stories
- Development to achieve sprint goals.
- Implementing test cases
- Unit and initial Acceptance testings
- Identify obstacles and informing the Scrum Master
- Daily Scrum meetings
Clean Delivery of Works and Take ownership of the integrated EHR product.
- Handover of the works after sufficient testing.
- Technical documentations of the accomplished works.
- Provide technical input when needed, effectively communicating technical concepts to Team lead.
- Communicate and collaborate with the global Bahmni coalition
The above list of responsibilities is not comprehensive, and the Software Engineer (Java) may be required to take on additional responsibilities, as determined by the Software Engineering Manager
Please click "Apply for this Job", follow the prompts, and supply all required information.
Email email@example.com if you have any questions.
What happens after submission?
If your application is a good fit, we will follow-up with you directly. Please note that due to a large volume of applications, your application may not be responded to. If your application is advanced, we will ask immediately to set up an interview to initiate the interview process.
Your application was submitted successfully.